These delicious peanut butter cups are so simple to make and are ready in less than 20 minutes. I make them every week and the recipe is bullet proof, so you’ll get it right every time. One tip is to keep them in the fridge since coconut oil becomes liquid in room temperature. This recipe is a hit in my house and it is the healthiest snack you’ll ever make given that it is low-carb, contains only healthy fats and is a great source of protein. The best of both worlds!
1 pack Arbonne Chocolate Protein Replacement Shake, or
2 scoops of Arbonne Chocolate Protein Shake
1/4 cup Organic Cocoa Powder
2 Tbs Organic Hemp Hearts
1/2 cup Organic Peanut Butter (no sugar added) or any nut butter
Note: You can find the majority of these ingredients (except the Arbonne Protein Powder) at Costco (if you have a membership). If not, you can order them from Amazon.
1. Melt the Coconut Oil in the microwave for about 50 seconds. Add the Chocolate Protein, the Cocoa Powder and the Hemps Hearts.
2. Line about 12 cupcake molds (paper or silicone) in a regular or muffin tray. Poor enough mixture just to cover the bottom of the molds and put in the fridge and leave to solidify for a few minutes.
3. Remove from the fridge and drop half a tsp of peanut butter in each mold.
4. Cover the peanut butter completely with the rest of the mixture making sure to cover evenly.
5. Return to the fridge and let it solidify for another 5 minutes before serving.
- You can use any type of Chocolate Protein Shake. I use Arbonne since it is Low in Carbs (7 g of net carbs per scoops) compared to other brands plus it is Dairy-Free, Soy-Free and Gluten-Free. We have sensitivites in my family and so I use allergen-free products whenever possible.
- I use Organic Hemps Hearts in this recipe but you can use other nuts and/or seeds if you wish.
- Also, you can use any other type of nut butter instead of peanut butter.
- These cups are better served cold as they hold up nicely and since Coconut oil is not solid in room temperature.
I hope you enjoyed this recipe. If you have questions, you can leave them in the comments below and I will be glad to respond.
Have a great day!